Friday, March 30, 2012

O Camarada!

On my way to the beautiful archipelago of Fernando de Noronha I had a brief stop-over in Recife. The night before my flight, I decided to treat myself to a delicious meal from a near-by restaurant (I stayed at the Cosmopolitan Hostel in Boa Viagem).

After talking about the several options available, I decided to go to the Camarada restaurant. They have various seafood dishes, mostly shrimp, and the servings are usually for 2 people. I inquired about what dishes were available for one person, and out of those I chose the 'Ao Carribe'
This dish is shrimp in a catupiry (It's a Brazilian cream cheese, but slightly different... One has to taste it) based pineapple sauce. With it comes rice with broccoli and fries. The shrimp comes served in a split pineapple which gives the plate a very cool presentation. Everything balanced out really well, the rice and fries were really light to offset the heaviness of the sauce. If I had to complain I'd say I could have done with some more shrimp, it was delicious!

ps. dessert here.

No comments:

Post a Comment